Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Canon Pixma MP600 printer. It will not pull the paper

I have a Canon Pixma MP600 printer. It will not pull the paper in to print. Whenever I hit print, it attempts to print but then says there is no paper, when there is....any suggestions on what to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

If the paper feed roller is dirty, paper is not fed properly because the paper feed roller slips. Cleaning the paper feed roller could resolve the paper feeding problem. Please follow the instructions below to clean the Paper Feed Rollers directly from the unit.

1. Ensure that the machine is powered on and remove any paper from the auto sheet feeder or the cassette.

2. Use the <Feed Switch> button to select the paper source where you do the paper feed roller cleaning. Click for here additional information.

3. Press the <HOME> (A) button.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

4. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (B) or press the right / left arrow to select [Settings], then press the <OK> button.

5. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (B) or press the right / left arrow to select [Maintenance], then press <OK>.

6. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (B) or press the up / down arrow to select [Roller cleaning], then press <OK>.

Register Here

7. Use the up / down cursor button to select [Yes], then press the <OK> button. (The paper feed roller cleaning starts.)

8. To check if the rollers are clean, load a sheet of Letter-sized plain paper in the same paper source you selected in step 2.

9. Use the Easy-Scroll Wheel (B) or press the up / down arrow to select [Roller cleaning], then press <OK>.

Register Here

10. Use the up / down cursor button to select [Yes], then press the <OK> button. (Paper will be fed.)

Note: If paper is not fed properly, repeat steps 4 through 10 above up to three times.

Paper Source

Press the <Feed Switch> button to switch to toggle between the Automatic Sheet Feed (ASF) or Cassette. The light will come on when the <Feed Switch> is set for that paper source.

ASF

Register Here

The above illustration shows a PIXMA MP500

Cassette

Register Here

Note: When printing from the computer, if paper does not feed from the source you have selected on the operation panel, check Paper Source setting in the printer driver. If the option is not set to 'Paper Feed Switch', paper will feed from the source selected in the driver.

Source:Canon Support

Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think you are a magician! It worked perfectly. Thanks for your help. I am printing up the steps from above in case I need them again....
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
OK Sure..and thanks for using JA..