Billie
Billie, Technician
Experience:  Hardware technician
39080197

Canon PIXMA MP560 printer - only prints from rear tray

Customer Question

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me with a rather strange printer problem. I bought a new Canon MP560 printer and have it set up wirelessly on my home network. I have managed to make it print a test page, but whenever I try to print a document it looks for paper from the "rear tray" meaning the feed tray, rather than the paper cassette which I have filled with paper.

I have searched through all of the settings and changed the tray select to cassette and even the printer default settings both from my pc and on the printer itself - however it still tried to print from the rear tray (and, of course, tells me it's out of paper because it's all in the cassette). I'm a bit stuck now and cannot seem to solve it. If anyone could help that would be wonderful
Category: Printers
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.

This is Billie a printer and computer expert.I will guide you through the process in overcoming the problem.
Don't put all the papers in the paper cassette tray instead distribute the papers equally.Take out all the papers from the cassette except one and place another paper at the rear(altogether two papers one at the front and the other one at the rear side of the printer).After performing this tell me what happens.Paper overloading has caused this peculiar problem.Also change the settings i.e select the rear tray feeder as the default paper tray instead of the paper cassette.
Please click the accept button if you become successful otherwise I will not be credited for my time and effort.I am always there for you to assist.

Billie
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Are you there?If you're satisfied then please click the Accept button

Billie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not satisfied. This did not solve my problem, it just printed from the rear tray because it now has paper in it, rather than taking paper from the cassette.
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir,

I will be back with satisfactory answer very soon.

Billie
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Please look on top of the printer where you'll see a picture of the printer & it will have light on for the rear tray and not the cassette
press the button and light the light for the cassette then print something it will pull from the cassette.
Please do not forget to press the accept button for my time and effort.

Billie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The printer has no indicator lights for the cassette and rear tray. It seems to me you are not familiar with my printer model.
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Is the printer picking up paper from the cassette tray?Please inform.

Billie
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir,

Yes I am not familiar but I can help you to overcome the problem.There must be printer cassette tray indicator and rear tray indicator,please look carefully on top of your printer.Did you find it if yes then please select cassette tray instead of rear paper tray.

Billie
Expert:  Billie replied 4 years ago.
Dear Sir, Yes I am not familiar but I can help you to overcome the problem.There must be printer cassette tray indicator and rear tray indicator,please look carefully on top of your printer.Did you find it if yes then please select cassette tray instead of rear paper tray. Billie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is not picking up paper from the cassette and there are no indicator lights for the paper trays.