Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

WASTE TONER FULL ERROR ON A RICOH AFICIO MP-3500, THIS IS

Customer Question

WASTE TONER FULL ERROR ON A RICOH AFICIO MP-3500, THIS IS NOT A COLOR UNIT . WHERE IS WASTE TONER CONTAINER AND HOW DO YOU RESET MESSAGE, THANKS STEVE
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

Here are the instructions for removing the waste toner container.

• Open the front panel of the Ricoh MP C3500. Once opened, you will see the four-color toner cartridges arranged horizontally.

• 2

Remove the single screw on the cover that is located next to the color toner cartridge on the far left-hand side of the copier.

• 3

Remove the panel once the screw has been removed. The waste toner bottle will be housed behind the panel.

• 4

Remove the waste toner bottle and replace with a new waste toner bottle.

• 5

Screw the cover back into place and clean up any toner than might have spilled during the process.

• Hope that works for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    RICK , as i stated this is NOT a color unit . it is a mp-3500 not a c-3500. please revise info and let me know what you find thanks . steve
    Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Sorry about that. You did say it was not color. I am not sure this is the right one but it is different instructions. Let me know if this is the correct one. I have not seen one that was not color so I am sort of learning with you.

• Turn off the printer and remove the power cable from whichever outlet it is plugged in to. It is important to make sure the device is off when removing any components because any active internal moving parts of the printer can make it difficult to complete the process.
  • 3

Open the front panel of the printer by pulling it slowly down from the top corners. The internal components and compartments of the printer will now be accessible.

• 4

Locate the plastic waste toner bottle in the bottom of the compartment. It is a bottle about the size of a soda can and will be labeled "Waste Toner."

• 5

Slide the bottle gently out of the compartment in a level manner to prevent spillage. The waste toner bottle is now removed and you can insert a new one in your printer.

•  

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    rick , thanks i will look at unit on monday, but we do not see an obvious waste container , is it possibly in the drum unit area or developer area , thanks steve.
    Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
    It could be. I am not sure but it must be somewhere in there. Let me know what you find.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    RICK , WE STILL HAVE`NT GOT BACK OUT TO OUR CUSTOMER YET . BUT THIS UNIT IS A RICOH AFICIO MP-3500 [ OR ] LANIER LD-345 IS THE SAME . PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BOTH RESPONSES YOU GAVE ARE NOT SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL AND HAVE NOT HELPED. MY TECH HAS LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR THE WASTE TONER BOTTLE PRIOR TO ASKING FOR HELP. IT IS NOT IN AN OBVIOUS PLACE. CAN YOU FIND OR ACCESS ANY DATA THAT PERTAINS TO EITHER OF THESE MODELS? THANKS STEVE
    Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
    I have looked all over for some other possible location and can find nothing. I will opt out in the hopes that another expert can shed light on this.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Relist: Inaccurate answer.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    Relist: Inaccurate answer.
    WHY HAS MY BANK ACCOUNT BEEN CHARGED $15.00 , WHEN I AM NOT SATISFIED OR APPROVED THE ANSWER