John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an Epson Artisan 800 printer network printer (wired).

I have an Epson Artisan 800 printer network printer (wired). The printer's "Confirm Network Settings" shows it as "Not Connected".

How do I force it to re try the connection?

My router is 192.168.9.1. I have set that as the Gateway.
Subnet Mask is the standard 255.255.255.0
I have manually set the IP Address as 192.168.9.99
I have left the DNS blank.

I know that the router is working properly as I have internet access and can ping other computer on the network.

I have tried resetting the printer to Default settings and Dynamic IP.

What do I try next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Are you sure your router is 192.168.9.1 ? Usually they are 192.168.0.1

Please verify that and let me know

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes -- I know that this a non-standard router IP.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Ok,

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7, please let me know if you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What Operative System version do you have ?

Windows XP -- Latest updates as up a week or so ago.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you

First go to Start, Control Panel, Printers and delete the Epson Artisan 800 printers you may have there (right click it (them) and then select "delete" to remove it (them))

Then please follow the steps below:

1- Make sure the printer is turned on

2- On your Windows XP computer, click Start

3- Then click Control Panel, and then "Printers"

4- Now click "Add a printer" on the left

5- Click Next

6- Select "A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer"

7- Click Next

8- Select "Browse for a printer" and click Next

9- Select your printer and click Next

10- Follow the prompts to finish the installation

11- Try to print

12- If no luck please restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

13- Then try to print again

14- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

15- If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Already did that. Just went to Settings->Printers and confirmed.

-----

9- Select your printer and click Next

This does not work because the printer has failed to connect to the network, thus "Browse" will not find the printer.

Back to my original question:

In the PRINTER's display panel:
Setup -> Network Settings -> Confirm Network Settings
Connection: Not Connected

I need to force the printer to re-try it's network connection, and I cannot find a way to do that.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Please follow all the steps on the guide below (from page 3 to 12)

Guide ---> http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/art800/art80000cp.pdf#page=1&view=FitV&pagemode=none

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once again I must emphasize that the printer has NOT connected to the network.

On page 19 of the document you referenced the very first thing is “5. Write down the IP Address displayed on the LCD screen.”, and the image of the printer’s display shows: “Connection: WLAN-54Mbps”. Mine shows “Connection: Not Connected

Until I can get the printer to connect to the network, nothing will workl.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Just follow all the steps from page 3 to page 12, then the printer will be connected to the network.

Please keep me posted

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The title of the document you referenced (http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/art800/art80000cp.pdf) is "Using the Control Panel for Wireless Network Installation".

I am NOT using a Wireless connection. My printer is wired direct to my router.

The title of Page 3 "Connecting to Your Wireless Network"

Again -- I am wired, not wireless.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

You are completely right. I apologize

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Please give me 5 more minutes

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Please follow pages 15 to 23, then page 27 from the guide below:

Let me know if you get stuck on any step.

Guide --> http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf600_/wf600_ng.pdf

I apologize again for my confusion

I will need to be away for 30 minutes but will come back then.

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I FINALLY got to the bottom of the issue.

The network cable from the printer to the router was bad. I replaced that and the printer magically completed its connection to the network. Now that the printer installation software can actually “SEE” the printer, the rest is smooth as silk.

Thank you for putting up with me this afternoon.