Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

i have a lexmark impact s300 series printer, is it giving me

i have a lexmark impact s300 series printer, is it giving me a printer head error and i can not seem to fix it, should i assume i need a new printer head? it is only 6 months old

thanks for any information

Pam Fay
work phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
e-mailXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
If using new cartridges Please try the old cartridge and see if you get the same problem
If you don't then the new cartridge is defective and should be returned and exchanged for another
If it does give you the same problem please try the following

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
This part should be covered by your warranty as most machines come with a year warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 4 years ago.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

How to clean the printhead lens

You can solve some print quality problems by cleaning the printhead lens.

1 Turn the printer off.

2 Open the front cover by pressing the button on the left side of the printer and lowering the
cover.

3 Remove the print cartridge assembly out of the printer by pulling on the toner cartridge
handle.
Note: Do not press the button on the print cartridge assembly.

Place the print cartridge assembly on a flat, clean surface.
Warning: Do not leave the print cartridge assembly exposed to direct light for an extended
period of time. Extended light exposure can cause print quality problems.4 Locate the glass printhead lens, which is located within the recessed area in the top of the
printer.

5 Gently wipe the printhead lens with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.

Warning: Not using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth may result in damage to the printhead lens.

6 Install the print cartridge assembly into the printer by aligning the green arrows on the guides
of the print cartridge assembly with the green arrows on the tracks in the printer and pushing
the print cartridge assembly in as far as it will go.

7 Close the front cover.

8 Turn the printer on.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if it helps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems