John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon i560 printer. Yellow light blinking. Turning on and

Canon i560 printer. Yellow light blinking. Turning on and off doesn't help. There is no jam, the paper path is clear and all of the inks are full or almost full. The USB connection is tight. I'm not sure what else to look at.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please let me know how many times does the light flashes consecutively

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
John I've also removed and reseated the print head (it's very dirty) and reset the printer. It still blinks yellow 5 times. Is there a way to clean the print head? I've had problems with it dropping out the yellow a couple of times recently but cleaning the color had taken care of that.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

OK, please follow the steps below: (source:CANON.com)

Reseat the print head

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.

2. Open the paper output tray and top cover.

Note: Gently open the paper output tray while holding it.

3. Confirm that the print head holder has moved to the center.

4. Remove all ink tanks.*

*i560 shown. i850 and i550 use BCI-3e ink tanks

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

5. Raise the print head lock lever and remove the print head.

Register Here

6. Re-seat the print head into the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever until a click is heard.

Register Here

7. Insert the appropriate ink tank into the slot at the right end and push down on the PUSH mark on top of the ink tank until a click is heard. Install the other ink tanks in the same manner.

Properly installed:

Register Here

Improperly installed:

Register Here

Left Image: The M ink tank is not fully seated.
    Right Image: All ink tanks are not fully seated.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've already done this and reseated the print head. I've also reset the printer by removing the USB connection and unplugging it for 10 minutes. Is there anything else I can do?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately it seems the printhead is defective.

How old is the printer?

Please note I do NOT work for Canon so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Thank you

John Cappucci

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's an i560 and I've had it for a long time, at least 4 or 5 years if not longer. I've never had a problem with it before and the light started blinking while the computer was off. You would think that if it was going to go belly up it would be when it was in use. That's why I thought it might be something else. Thanks for your help.