John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am using Windows 7 and have a Canon PIXMA IP6600D printer.

I am using Windows 7 and have a Canon PIXMA IP6600D printer. My PC would not recognize my printer and a tech solved the problem by installing PIXMA IP6700D drivers. Everything was fine until I installed Canon Easy Photo Print 3.7. It will not recognize my printer. Now what?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Jhon Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Do you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit?. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What doo you need to know?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All working programs are in the Windows 64 bit file.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall a Program

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/459154 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Canon printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you).

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip6600d#DriversAndSoftware

Click the red triangle next to "Select OS" and select "Windows 7 (x64)"

Scroll down and click "aomwin110ea23us.exe 03/12/2010 4.10MB"

Scroll down and click "I Agree - Begin Download"

SAVE the file to your desktop, then double click it to start the installation

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK (add to favorites) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART, and click Accept if the issue is solved (that's the only way I can get paid for my effort. Thank you)
)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

9- Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

10- If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I get to usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_s there is no red triangle for "Select OS" and I cannot proceed. Suggestions?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Let's try again

Click here ---> http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip6600d#DriversAndSoftware

Then please click the picture below to zoom it and see where is the red triangle located:

Click the picture --->

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

)

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My page is different than yours. I have no red triangle.

Register Here
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

That's weird. Do you have a different internet browser to try with? like Firefox or Safari?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am using Comcast's browser. I had a crash last month and had to restore. Downloaded files from Norton, but lost a couple of old programs. The PC would not recognize the printer and a tech helped me by downloading drivers for the 6700D. The drivers that came with the printer would not work. It worked with everything but the Easy Print program which will not recognize my Canon printer and keeps closing.

Actually, for what I use a PC for, I was very satisfied with XP. However, we must keep moving along even if we are not computer experts. Maybe Microsoft would make a program for the casual, at-home, Internet fan. Wait! They did. Several upgrades ago. Yes, that is sour grapes you detect.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thank you for your reply! :-)

Possible Solution #2:
Please do the following on Internet Explorer 8

1. Go to the "Safety" Menu (on the upper right corner)
2. Select "Delete Browsing History"
3. UNCHECK "Passwords" and "History" and CHECK all the other options you get there.
4. Click on the "Delete" button
5. Try again from the Canon website

Possible Solution #2: Restore IE8 settings
1- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools, then "Internet Options"
2- Click the Advanced tab
3- Click the "Restore advanced settings" button
4- Click Apply button
5- Click OK
6- Try again from the Canon website. You should be able to download the newest driver now.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci