Mary
Mary, Digital Printing Specialist
Experience:  25+ years experience supporting color and b/w digital printing equipment
44751453

I have a Toshiba e-studio 230 photocopier which had a paper

I have a Toshiba e-studio 230 photocopier which had a paper misfeed error code E030. Have cleared all paper but it will not clear the misfeed notice even after switching power off. Is there a reset procedure?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mary replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mary and I'll do my best to help you solve your copier issue.

Unfortunately the E030 error (which indicates a paper jam as you know) is triggered by a bypass sensor that has more than likely failed and will need to be replaced.

I would first suggest taking a flashlight and carefully searching for any small bits of paper that might be loose inside the machine. Check the entire paper path as closely as possible.

If turning off and unplugging the machine for about 5 minutes and then powering on again doesn't reset the error, then you will have to call a service technician.

This isn't something you can repair on your own unless you have access to parts and a service manual and experience in servicing these machines.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already done all you suggest so in frustration got the Toshiba service techo to call and he inspected the photocopier and agreed it was not a paper misfeed eventhough the E030 error code was showing . He opened the paper track thru the machine and found a loose paper guide and when tightened the error code went off. He thinks the loose guide may have been touching the sensor.

Thanks for your input.

He thinks that the machine will see met out as it has been used only half normal use.

Expert:  Mary replied 3 years ago.
I think you made a smart decision. Sometimes sensors or guides can be knocked out of what during a paper jam, and the only way to really find the issue is to open up the machine and take a look. And unless you have experience working on these machines, it's hard to know what you're looking at.

In either event, I'm glad you are back up and operating.

Mary
Expert:  Mary replied 3 years ago.
I think you made a smart decision. Sometimes sensors or guides can be knocked out of alignment during a paper jam, and the only way to really find the issue is to open up the machine and take a look. And unless you have experience working on these machines, it's hard to know what you're looking at.

Mary

Edited by Mary on 9/30/2010 at 5:20 PM EST
Mary, Digital Printing Specialist
Experience: 25+ years experience supporting color and b/w digital printing equipment