Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

we have a pixma 780. how do i set the copy quality. it is

we have a pixma 780.
how do i set the copy quality. it is set on "fine (Photo)" now. i need tio set it on copy fast or draft. Can't seem to get it?
Chat Conversation Started
Russell H. :

I would like to help with this problem. Let me see what the Windows XP controls for the setting you need are, and get back to you after a few minutes....

Russell H. :

Here's the straight dope on adjusting COPY image quality - note that is not necessarily going to affect PRINTING print quality, but it is what you asked for:

Russell H. :

On the printer, press COPY button.

Russell H. :

Then press IMAGE QUALITY

Russell H. :

Then use the < and > controls, to adjust the image quality for copying, to what you wish.

Russell H. :

I think the setting you want is the FAST setting. Quoting Canon Support's site, "Suitable for high speed copying at a lower image quality."

Russell H. :

Note!: when the paper quality is selected wrongly for the Fast setting - which probably, with reason, only applies to cheaper or 'normal' print paper media - you can't select FAST at all. As Canon says, again:
"When [GLOSSY], [HIGH RES.], [TRANS.], [PHOTO PRO], [PHOTO PLUS], or [OTHER] is selected as the paper type, only [FINE (PHOTO)] can be selected."

Russell H. :

After changing setting to FAST, press OK.

Russell H. :

(Also says, FINE(PHOTO) is a setting for grayscale rather than black and white copying. For what that info. is worth.)

Russell H. :

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer.
(Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated. Thanks for trying JustAnswer.com.