Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Cannon mx850 error code 6A00, Apparently it has to do with

Cannon mx850 error code 6A00, Apparently it has to do with the slides and/or the print head cleaner and primer. Can I sort this out myself or must I call a tech? Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

6A00 is basically a hardware error related to Purge Unit. If printer is in warranty get it replaced by Canon. If not please read ahead.

1. Please open the printer cover and when the carriage head moves to center pull out the power cord.
2. The Purge unit is on the right side. Use a flashlight and you will see two ink pads. This is where the print-head is PARKED and is the top of the Purge unit.
3. There you will find wiper blades that move from the rear to the front. They wipe the bottom of the print-head when it is parked.
(The ink pads actually drop down about 3/4" to allow the wiper blade to pass and then it is supposed to spring back to the rear. Also the ink suction for cleaning the print-head is done by the purge unit.)
4. Use some rubber gloves and a paper towel and see if you can press the ink pads down just a little bit - about 1/4". See if for some reason the wiper blade is stuck extended, if so see if you can get it unstuck. Please do this gently such that you don't break anything there.

This error indicates that the purge unit is not giving the correct timing signal as it rotates inside 360 degrees. Therefore, something is either broken or jammed inside. If you had a paper jam and tried to forcefully pull it out, you could have pulled the internal gears out of alignment.

So you will need to do some maneouvers to try to release the cartridge from its parking position. Again, don't try hard.

Now, if this does not work than it would be cheaper to buy a new printer rather than sending it to Canon for repair if its not in warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to acknowledge my answer.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

didn't help....

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

In that case you will have to get the printer repaired because the Purge unit needs to be replaced by Canon.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, thanks.