Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I have a DYMO labelmaker that wont print. Its co

Customer Question

I have a DYMO labelmaker that won't print. It's connect to a program called Excellerate, a database that allows students to check in for attendance purposes. It was functioning fine until we reloaded the paper, but now it won't print at all. Do you know what the problem might be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 6 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 years ago.
Hi - I'd like to try to help you with your Labelmate problem.

You have done some of the right first steps toward a solution - but there are other things to look into and to try:

- What is the model # XXXXX your Dymo label printer? look on the back side or the under side for the model number as listed on the manufacturer's label.

- Are there any error indicators on the printer? if it quit after you reloaded paper, it might be any number of minor and easily fixable - but puzzling - errors.

- Are there no lights at all on it? perhaps it needs a button pushed to place it 'online' again - some printers do after paper reloads. Also check in your computer, at
Start - Control Panel - Printers, and see whether there is a little notation next to your Dymo label printer's icon, saying 'offline'... if so, either you need to right-click on the icon and select the option that says, "Use Printer Online", or else you need to press a button on the printer to place it online again - or maybe even both.

- Also check the printer queue, for the Dymo label printer, on your computer, as follows:
Clear out that queue - it will not print, never again, until you at least do that.
Go to Start - Control Panel - Printers, and double-click on the icon representing your printer (whichever one it is.)
That will open a small window, the queue window, in which the print jobs are displayed. You will need to clear all the jobs out of the queue and empty the window, either one-by-one (selecting each and choosing Cancel Printing) or all at once by doing Cancel All Print Jobs.
Once the print queue is cleared, you need to try printing again - something simple, and with the queue window still open: Go to the DYMO Label application. Click File, select Change Printer, verify you are printing to the correct LabelWriter, and print a label.
Watch the queue window for the Dymo printer - does the print job appear in it? does it just stay there, or 'stick', perhaps with an error message eventually? or does it pass through and disappear without any effect on the Dymo label printer, to all appearances?

Let me know what you find out.

Also advised, though not very likely to fix it, is the generic hard reset:
Turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by suddenly and sharply unplugging it from the power source.
Also unplug it from the computer!
Leave it that way for 10 minutes.
Plug it back in.
Turn it on if it didn't turn itself on. Wait for it to initialize.
Try printing again.

If this helps with the problem and answers your question, then please click once on Accept for my Answer.
(Only then will I be paid, by deduction of my share from the funds already deposited by you with JustAnswer. Thanks.)
- Favorable feedback is appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
It took far too long to receive a response. I had to resort to other methods in order to troubleshoot the problem. I would like a refund of the deposit. I am NOT satisfied with the service rendered.