James, Sr. Printers/Copiers Expert
Experience:  20 years experience with IT, networks and office equipment.
24111805

My Brother Fax machine Fax 827 had a paper jam and I cleared

My Brother Fax machine Fax 827 had a paper jam and I cleared it but it still keeps saying there is a jam. does not seem to be resetting itself. I tried disconnecting the power.
Category: Printers
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.

When you removed the jammed paper - did it come out in one piece, or several smaller pieces?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Came out in one piece.
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

The problem is either there's another piece of paper (or something else) in there, or you have a faulty sensor.

Please remove the paper and any removeable parts (e.g. paper tray), and shine a flashlight into the printer. See if you can locate the jam cause and remove it - you can usually use a small pair of twizzers for that. If that doesn't work, you can also try short blasts of compressed air (using a duster) directly into the printer's feed channel.
If all this fails to work, the printer will need to be serviced, as the issue is most likely a defective sensor.

Hope this helps,

James.