Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices

J4540 all in one, Scan does not work, says HP-CUE flow component

J4540 all in one, Scan does not work, says HP-CUE flow component problem, what is this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

What version of Windows do you have?

Customer :

xp

Robert Preston :

There is a known bug on HP Solution Center. In this post I will possible solution on this particular issue. ERROR MESSAGE:

HP CUE Scanning Flow Component has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

CAUSE: Bad registry enrty – caused by some third party application such as registry cleaners or anti-virus. For some reason the registry below is created which then cause the scanning application to HPQSCNVW.exe to stop working.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging Key = ProfileWritePath Value = %APPDATA%\HP\Digital Imaging\Data\Destination

SOLUTION: First, you must recreate the original HP registry entry if it is missing. Go to your Registry Editor by clicking on Run and typing Regedit. In the registry go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging

- You must edit or if it is missing you must create a new key (String Value) and name it ProfileWritePath. – set the value of this new key to:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\HP\Digital Imaging\Data\Destination

By doing this each user that logs in to their personal account will now have a valid registry entry and will now cause the registry cleaner to see that the HP registry entry is pointing to a valid path, and will not remove the HP registry entry.

Customer :

this is way beyond my capability

Robert Preston :

You can also try this:

Robert Preston :

Right click on the hp solution center icon on desktop or whatever the icon is to open the window to scan picture or document.

Again right click on icon,
Go down to properties and select it then click on security tab,
Highlight Administrator,
Then click on Edit tab to change permissions,
Then in the box below that gives you choices of permissions check the box full control, Then press apply and bam go back to your icon and click and should come up. If not , for the first time right click and go to run as administrator,
Click and should come up. then from then on just click on icon and should work.

Customer :

sounds good, is this going to e-mailed so I can follow the instructions, upon acceptance?

Robert Preston :

You can bookmark/favorite the page

Robert Preston :

and then come back to refer to it at any time

Robert Preston :

So yes, after accepting it you can access it

Robert Preston :

anytime in the future

Robert Preston, Technician
Experience: 5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices