Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

Brother Model HL-2170W The toner light came on and the printer

Brother Model HL-2170W The toner light came on and the printer wouldn't print. I put a fresh new toner cartridge in but the toner light is still on and the printer won't print. I think I did the cartridge replacement the same as always. I really need to be able to print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
what color is each light on the machine and are they on, off, or blinking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The TONER light (amber) is on. No other lights are on. When I go through the motions each time taking the cartridge (and unit) in and out, the printer makes all the right sounds as if it's going to print. But when it finishes its little "start-up" sounds, the XXXXX XXXXXght comes on again -- comes on and stays on solidly. Not blinking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Ok thannk you that error can mean 3 things. The first is toner life end which you have already checked since you replaced it. Next however is that the drum is positioned incorrectly and the sensor is not seeing the toner properly. To fix this remove the drum wait 10 seconds and then reinsert it again. After that however it means that the drum has failed and needs to be replaced.

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.