Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

I have just replaced my toner cartridge TN 330 in my brother

I have just replaced my toner cartridge TN 330 in my brother printer and it still keeps flashing the toner button and not printing. I have looked inside out and cannot understand why it won't print. Help. Barbara
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
  1. Open the front cover.
  1. Slowly but firmly pull the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly out of the machine.

Caution

• We recommend that you put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a piece of disposable paper or cloth in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
  • To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
  1. Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from right to left and left to right several times.

Caution

Be sure to return the tab to the home position (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.

1. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the printer.
  1. Close the front cover.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000200/000008/faq000208_021.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2140_all&Cat=
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This did not work
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Are you getting the same problem or is it showing something else now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Same problem as with old and new toner.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Ok this can happen if the drum gets worn and needs to be replaced. Please remove the toner and make sure the drum is clean. If it is old it may need to be replaced. The drum is the part of the machine you insert the toner cartridge into and has a mechanical sensor for the toner.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The drum is clean. This is a new printer only had a few months...I have one of these at work and it has lasted for two years.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Although the mahcine is new the drum can get worn over use it is consumable just like the ink cartridges. If it is worn it will cause this error to come up on the machine. When it does not it's actually caused by a bigger problem inside the machine that requires service. However since it's only a few months old it would be covered by warranty. Check to see if any of the other lights are on or blinking as well as it could indicate a different problem. If it does the meaning for those can be found here: Click Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When it tries to print it goes from the yellow toner light to the blue light, then back to the toner light.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Thats a toner life end message which would mean either the new cartridge is defective and needs to be exchanged for another or the drum has failed and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so I need to bring it back?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
The drum is consumable just like the toner cartridges that will not be covered under the warranty. However you can return the toner and exchange it for another to see if that was defective. If the problem ends up not being the drum or toner cartridge then yes bring the machine back and either have it repaired under warranty or exchange it for another.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
back to brother?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
You would need to check the receipt from the store you bought it. Some will let you return and exchange for 90 days if yours says that bring it to the store. Otherwise yes you need to send it back to brother.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would I send this to brother?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
For that you would need to call here for more information: 1-800-284-4329

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I purchase the drum through you?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately we do not sell parts here we only provide troubleshooting support. You can however buy the drum from here: Click Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Dim...I have ordered it. Barbara
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome and have a wonderful day.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience