John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Canon mf8180c with error message Supply Rec Paper

Customer Question

I have a Canon mf8180c with error message "Supply Rec Paper Cassett : A4", and it won't let me print/ copy anything. I have checked all the paper settings and everything is set to LTR size. I tried unplugging it for 10 minutes and it didn't help. There are no jobs in the que for printing, faxing, etc. I have cancelled all print jobs. How do I get rid of that message and use my printer again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Please try the following:

Confirming/Deleting a Report Job

1. Press <Status Monitor>.

2. Press <> or <> to select [REPORT STATUS], then press <Set>.

• If there is no job, [NO REPORT JOBS EXIST] is displayed.
    • If there is only one report job, go to step 4.

3. Press <> or <> to confirm the report.

4. If you want to delete the report job, press <Set>.

5. If you decide to delete the job, press <> for [YES].

To cancel deleting the job, press <> for [NO]. Once the job is deleted, the job cannot be restored.

6. Press <Stop/Reset> to return to the standby display.
Source:Canon.com