B_APPELL
B_APPELL, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of preofessional experience with troubleshooting printers
41445306

EPSON WF 600 KEEP SAYING PAPER JAM, CANT FIND ANY, WONT RESET,

EPSON WF 600 KEEP SAYING PAPER JAM, CAN'T FIND ANY, WON'T RESET, WHAT DO NEXT?
Category: Printers
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Can you tell me exactly when this happened? Was it in the middle of printing? Changing a cartridge? Was there ever a paper jam?

Thanks,
Brian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, fax started to come through when checks were in the hopper; quickly grabbed checks out. No pieces torn off. Haven't found any paper jam.
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
Please try the following for me:

1. Remove the power cable from printer.
2. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
3. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
4. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable
5. connect printer to computer
6. power on the printer.
Now see if its working fine.

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT button. If it does not, please continue to let me know what is happening.

Brian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope. Power comes up and it makes a little noise like paper roller moving, then the paper jam message comes up again.
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
I know this may sound like a crazy question, but just want to check. Do you have paper in the paper trays? If so, then please open the paper trays and remove the stack of paper. Flip the stack over and close the tray. Then try the above process again.

Brian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Been there, done that! Tried it again with less paper, to no avail!
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
Since you removed the checks, did you cancel the printing queue from your computer/printer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No docs showing in queue.
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
When you removed the checks, were they in process of being fed into the machine and you pulled them out? Or had it not started to pull anything in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there was a little bit of resistance. It was a "jump and grab" situation!
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
At this point here is what I would have to say/suggest:

1. You can try some of the instructions from epson on clearing this if you haven't already. CLICK HERE for the epson site

2. If that does not resolve it, I would think that something has caused an issue with the sensor that identifies a paper jam. This could be that dust of a small small amount of paper is stuck in there. You can try using a can of air to try to clean the inside area where the paper is fed.

3. If that does not work, then I think you might need to have this serviced. I am not sure how old it is, but if it is under warranty, then call epson to find the nearest service station.

If this has answered your question, please click the ACCEPT on this answer.

Brian
B_APPELL, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of preofessional experience with troubleshooting printers
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow! FINALLY got it up and running again. Blew it out good, no better. Finally put one piece of paper in and started it/shut it down repeatedly so that it advanced the paper a little further each time. When it got all the way through, the problem finally stopped! Thanks for all your good suggestions.
Expert:  B_APPELL replied 4 years ago.
Excellent! Glad it has worked for you.

I you haven't already done so, and believe my help assisted in the results, please click the ACCEPT on one of the above answers. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well!