John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Kodak ESP 5250 with a printhead carriage jam Error

Customer Question

I have a Kodak ESP 5250 with a printhead carriage jam Error message. It won't let me do anything until this error is fixed. I have removed the ink cartridges and the cartridge carrier and replaced them - that's not it. There is alot of white, what looks like, lubricant in and around the lenth of the carriage track. I assume that is supposed to be like that? I have tried to manually move the printhead carriage back and forth along the track. It seems to get stuck on both ends - the left side moreso than the right side.

Any further suggestions before I pronounce time of death???

Please help me STAT!!!

Thank You,

Scottsdale, AZ
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the printhead mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

If no luck, remove all paper from the machine and then blow out under the printhead and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.

Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated