Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Canon IP 2600 is flashing green and yellow and will not

My Canon IP 2600 is flashing green and yellow and will not print. It quit in the middle of printing...I have two new ink cartridges. I turned it off, unplugged it, but that did nothing. The cartidges seem "stuck" on the right side. My computer tells me that it is a problem that requires Canon. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Please try the old cartridge and see if you get the same problem
If you don't then the new cartridge is defective and should be returned and exchanged for another
If it does give you the same problem please try the following

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the confirmation of what I expected....the printer has just shown its "red ring of death." The cartridges remain "stuck" on the right side, which indicates that this is a serious repair.....guess I'm in for a new one! Thanks for your info.....very helpful service!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
your welcome and have a wonderful day