AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
Experience:  27 years service on office equipment from all manufacturers.
34774669

Unable to Print 5A brother MFC 490cw what does this message

Unable to Print 5A" brother MFC 490cw what does this message mean?
Hello this is Charles with Just Answer,

5A means that the purge cam stops abnormally when it is in use. This could be the result of a broken cam shaft. You may have to replace the whole purge unit. Unfortunately this is a job that probably need a technician.

If you have not already done so, unplug the power, wait 30 seconds and plug it back up. Try the printer again and see if the error returns. Good luck!

Hope this helps.
Please accept my answer, this is how that I get paid for my work and please leave positive feedback for me.
Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue. Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer. Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Thank You,
Charles
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. I did unplug it and it seems to be self-cleaning, is this a good sign? And was is the cam shaft?
If it goes through the cleaning cycle without a new error it may be good to go. If there is a problem it will give the error again.

Thank You,
Charles

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX working again.
Great and thank you for using Just Answer.