Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems

Hi I have a canon mp250 printer, i have got an error code e03,

Customer Question

Hi I have a canon mp250 printer, i have got an error code e03, which apparently is a paper jam, however there is no paper jammed. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your query...

In this case you need to follow the below instructions...

If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.

In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.

You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.

2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.

3. Clean the Paper Feed Roller.

(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.

graphic

(2) Press the Black or Color button.

The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.

4. Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.

(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.

(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.

The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.

If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the Paper Feed Roller, contact the service center.

Note:
After the cleaning is completed, press the Stop / Reset button to return the LED to the copy standby mode.

Still problem is there you need to follow the below steps...

Open the Paper Output Tray
The printer will not print as long as the paper output tray is closed.

1. Open the Paper Output Tray (3).
Put your finger in the rounded indent beside the Paper Output Tray and open it gently.

graphic

2. Open the Output Tray Extension.

Let me know if you have any further questions...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thaqnks for the reply. I can't get the maintenance button to bring up the letter b. I have pressed repeatedly but all i get is a flashing "o". How do i get the "b" sign?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replied that I hadn't got your idea to work as I wasn't able to get the maintenance button to function. Can you please advise. If you can solve my problem then I will happily pay you.