Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I get an error message Oxc19a0020. I have replaced the ink

I get an error message Oxc19a0020. I have replaced the ink and cleaned the carrier just as the directions indicated. I can't use the printer/scanner at all. What can I do? I have had his printer for a little over a year.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Namzyanzy replied 4 years ago.
Hi, please reply back with the make and model of your printer.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

- What is make and model of the printer. Do you use the printer wirelessly ?

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's an HP 6380 All-in One. It has been a few months. There was no jam and I had just replaced the ink a month before. One day I just got this error message. Ink system Failure Oxc19a0020. I turned it on and off likr the message said. When that didn't work, I went to the HP help center, looked up the error code, and tried their solutions. Replaced the ink and cleaned the heads and carrier. There was a lot of black ink in the carrier that wiped off. I used it a lot, but have managed without. But now I need the scanner for a project that is due in a coupe weeks.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Please do this and let me know.

Please remove all cartridges and print head. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on print head / cartridge as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of cartridge. Dont insert the cartridge yet.

Please do this :
1. Remove the power cable from printer. Remove the USB cable that connects printer to computer (remove it from printer as well as computer's usb port)
2. Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release
3. Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.
Then plug in the cartridges n print head.

Now see if its working fine.

Let me know result.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have cleaned the gold contacts. If I remove the power cord, the printer will be shut off. I am then to hold the power botton for 3 minutes, or do I do tht while it is still pluged in?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

You need to remove the power cord and then hold the power button.

Let me know result.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not work. I still have the same error message. Ink system failure Oxc19a0020.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Now "only" if printer is not in warranty, clean the print heads with some alcohol solvent or medical spirit. DO NOT use any water based solvent. You may soak the heads in solvent but not for too long.

If problem persists and if printer is in warranty then you should get it repaired by HP for free. If not, you will have to buy new print heads from HP.

To be very honest, these print heads are made of poor quality so that you need to replace them and HP can make money. Thats why they sell cartridges at cheaper cost.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO