Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices
14124282

How do I set Brother LC61 to receive incoming fax

Customer Question

How do I set Brother LC61 to receive incoming fax?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

What's the model?

Robert Preston :

LC61 is the cartridge number

Customer:

MFC-495CW

Customer:

Sorry about that. Besides trying to get a fax, I am also running back and forth to the hospital to visit my husband. I won't close this window but am hitting the hay (10:15 pm). Will check this in the early a.m. Thanks.

Robert Preston :

To set the receive mode do the following:

Robert Preston :

1) Press Menu
2) Press Up or Down to choose Initial Setup and choose OK
3) Press Up or Down to choose Receive Mode
4) Press Left or Right to choose Fax Only, Fax/Tel, External TAD or Manual and press OK

Robert Preston :

Choose Fax Only if the line is only for fax, or Fax/Tel if it's shared fax and telephone

Robert Preston :

Press Stop/Exit to go back

Robert Preston :

Then you will want to put Easy Receive on

Robert Preston :

Go into Menu, then Fax, then choose Setup Receive, Select Easy Receive then press left or right to turn it on

Robert Preston :

Then press OK and Stop/Exit after that

Robert Preston :

And then you should be able to receive a fax

Customer:

Good morning. I have gone through all the steps listed in the last e-mail, but noted that the fax machine was already set on all of these steps correctly. Would it be possible to send me a bogus fax, and I can then tell you what happens after the phone rings? My fax number is XXXXX

Robert Preston :

Hello. Unfortuantely we are only able to maintain communication through this website so I cannot send a test fax.

Robert Preston :

However, if these are set then you should be all set to fax.

Customer:

OK. If it is alright with you, I need to wait until 8 or 9 a.m. for the office to open, from which I am trying to get the fax sent. I can let you know then if it works or not.

Customer:

I tried two different tests. First, I sent a document from my computer of five pages to the fax machine, and it worked.

Customer:

Secondly, I called the insurance company and asked them to resend their fax again to me, which they did but on three attempts I could only receive one page on each tranmission, even though they were trying to send me three pages.

Customer:

Has anyone come up with any more info to try on order #(NNN) NNN-NNNN? Thanks.

Customer:

FYI: I went back onto the Internet and found the manual for my Brother MFC-495CW. I came across the info showing how to incorporate having the receiving fax go directly to a folder on my PC. So I went through the steps they showed, and tested it. I received a two-page fax into my specified PC folder and also got a hard copy of both pages. So not sure if your instructions or the last group of instructions I found did the trick, maybe both, so thanks for your help.

Robert Preston, Technician
Experience: 5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices