John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My printer, HP Officejet, 7310 all in one, needs a repair or

My printer, HP Officejet, 7310 all in one, needs a repair or some sort, to accomodate the refill ink cartridge: while the tricolor cartridge is easily inserted, inserting the black cartridge was a little effortful--it won't snuggle as smoothly as the color counterpart. Of course, the machine is about two years old. Today, I cannot replace the old one with the new: the cradle won't receive the refill cartidge--something blocks catches, etc, it wo't go all the way for me to close down the lid. Help...
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

It seems the ink cartridge is defective.

Please use new and genuine HP cartridges and let me knot if it work.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or no, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I indeed purchased a brand new cartridge, and tried to shove it in, but I can't. A horizontal bar seems to have shown up, interfering the insertion. It acts like a threshold, causing the cartridge to be inserted in the steep angle; it isn't working.
I don't believe I had the bar before, whcih I can't move or lower it. So I have a new cartridge, but the elevated bar is blocking the entrance. do you understand what I am describing?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Please click here ---> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00256957&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=391182

And scroll down until Step four. Then click the "Play" button

Please follow the video.

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience: CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Soory, but the video didn't address my problem. It works when the cartridge in pulled out or inserted on a flat, even level..very simple. But, with my HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One model, you have a horizonal bar right the entrances for both color and b.w cartridges. The bar has white label affixed to the bar with two pictures of circle figures, one of which has an arrow pointing at the circle. I am clueless as to the meaning of the little drawings of circles. The bar would not allow a level for the cartridges to be slipped in or taken out. I don't recall having such interference before until know. You almost has to see the situation, unless you have a picuture of my model with you. Help!
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

That's weird. The link I sent you is for the HP Officejet 7310 All In One printer....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YOu did, but it is a very basic diagrammatic video, and my explanation above spells out my particular problem, which is hard to describe in words, but I tried. What I am baffled about is that I have owned this machine for over a year, and did not have the trouble. By the way, you were right about the wrong size cartridge I had trouble with. Now, I have the right size (94) black cartridge, but I can not get the door due to the bar...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I FOUND OUT THE CAUSE OF MY TROUBLE. WHAT I HAD DONE WAS I HAD TURNED OFF THE PRINTER WHILE I WAS GONE, WHICH I SELDOM DO, BUT I DID TODAY. WHEN I OPENED THE PRINTER LID, I SAW THE WHITE BAR, BUT WHEN I TURNED ON THE PRINTER AND OPEND UP THE LID, THE BAR DROP DOWN, ALLOWING THE REPLACEMENT TO TAKE PLACE. SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE, AND I WAS BAFFLED.