Russell A
Russell A, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of technical equipment issues.
24675295

have my first paper jam on my kodak esp 7 all-in-one printer--

Customer Question

have my first paper jam on my kodak esp 7 all-in-one printer-- how do i access jammed paper to get it out???
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell A replied 4 years ago.

Here are the instructions for clearing a paper jam from Kodak. You can also access this information at the link below the instructions.

Paper jam

Probable Cause

The paper did not advance, was not picked up properly from the paper tray, or is lodged inside the printer.

CAUTION:
Kodak Inkjet paper is recommended for your Kodak All-in-One printer.

Corrective Action

1. Remove the paper from the tray you used when the jam occurred.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Open the rear access area and pull the paper out from the rollers without tearing it.

CAUTION:
    If the paper tears while removing it, make sure you remove all the torn pieces. More jams are likely to occur when torn pieces are left in the printer.
  4. Reload the paper tray, but do not overfill it.

5. Turn the printer on.

6. Press OK.

http://selfservice.kodak.com/external/en/urg/urg_00976/GLB_en_urg_00976_manual_ATG/urg00976c9s2.html

If, and only if my answer to your question is helpful, please click the green Accept button and leave Positive Feedback. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can't see paper from front or rear, but know it's in there somewhere  --  printer screen just showed, "...printhead has come loose; remove ink cartridges & printhead & them reinstall"  -- what exactly is printhead???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
since i can't see paper from front or back, is there any other way to get it out??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still wondering how to get the jammed paper out of printer
Expert:  Russell A replied 4 years ago.
Try this First

If the printhead has come loose:
1 Open the printer access door, then remove the black and color ink cartridges.
2 Press the printhead release button.
3 Lift the printhead out.
4 Reinsert the printhead and ink cartridges.

You will need to check aroung the printhead and its path for paper in the rollers.

Edited by Russell A on 5/14/2010 at 4:31 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok-- i think i can remove & reinstall printhead-- but am still not able to locate & remove jammed paper-- how can i get to jammed paper???
Expert:  Russell A replied 4 years ago.
There are only two ways to access the paper path, through the rear door and through the area around the printhead. If you cannot see any paper in the path to remove, then it is possible that a small object (paper clip, tape...etc) is jamming th unit. With the print cartridges removed and the printer turned off and unpluged, turn it over and shake it to dislodge anything loose in the path. Also, leave the printer unpluged for 10 minutes, then reinsert the cartridges and power it up, this may reset the error. In addition, there is a cleaning head that is located on the left on the inside in the print head path, if it is sticking you can carefully push it down into place and this may also clear the printer jam error message.