Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.

The red light on my Samsung ML-2510 continues flashing (under

The red light on my Samsung ML-2510 continues flashing (under the triangle). For a few days it continued to print with the light flashing but now it has stopped altogether. I have turned the printer off, pulled the cartridge, rebooted the computer but no luck. I don't think this is a toner issue as there have been no fading pages of print, etc...

Hi there

Is the red light still in a blinking state now that all printing has stopped ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the red light is still blinking.

Ok thanks

The blinking red light does cover a number of potential causes but most of them are Toner/cartridge related.

it can be a temporary error such as printer having a communication issue or similar but that would be cleared at power off.

The other causes are

1. low Toner

2. Empty Toner

3. The Toner cartridge reaching it's page count quota.

As the printer continued to print for a time with the error it would appear the cartridge was approaching the page quota or the toner was nearing empty and the a error light was a warning of this. Having now either run out of toner or reached the Cartridge life end the printer will now not print until the issue is solved.

It's not always the case that feint areas will appear on prints as the toner runs low. If the Toner is well distributed in the cartridge it can uniformly exhaust rather than in isolated areas as can happen if the Toner spread is uneven.

If it is due to the Cartridge count reaching it's trigger then there could be Toner still present even though the cartridge is no longer usable.

Edited by Colin Vincent on 5/12/2010 at 9:06 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So I have to get a new cartridge.

Yes i'm afraid so unless you can obtain a refill kit from a third party supplier.

That would consist of new Toner and a small circuit which attach's to the cartridge which records the toner level etc.

If a cartridge is in good condition they can be refilled a few times successfully but i have not had personal experience of doing it on your model so can't say how readily available the refill kits are for a 2510

Edited by Colin Vincent on 5/12/2010 at 9:19 PM EST