birtz, Technician
Experience:  3 years working experience as a printer technician.

My xerox work center 7132 will not boot. Error message (092-310).

Customer Question

My xerox work center 7132 will not boot. Error message (092-310). I have tried rebooting few times but it still will not work. It says contact service if problem persist.

Also how can I over ride the error message on the control panel in order to change the toner? because of the error message on the control panel it will not allow me to do anything since it will not boot up .
Category: Printers
Expert:  birtz replied 6 years ago.
Try to unplug the device directly from the socket wall and leave it for 5min. Plug in again. If message still occur it could be related to 2 reasons.
1. Sensor problem leading to "ghost" message -- require eng.
2. Toner replacement also causes this message.

Even if you do couple of boot routines you might want to have someone on site to have a look at it. It might require parts.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Rajdeep,

My other question was how do I bypass the error message and replace the toner? Because of the error message, I am unable to change the toner through the control panel because the control panel will not allow me to input any instruction or do anything. Please help.

If it is a sensor problem, what can I do to fix the problem. I have a little bit of technical experience and I want to fix it myself.

Expert:  birtz replied 6 years ago.
Try to reset the Xerox by pressing Reset key.i am not sure where it is on your system. Generally this pin hole for reseting button live in front side internal body. Just remove the front cover view straight & i wish that will be there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy with other things. I will check the reset button right now and get back to you.

Expert:  birtz replied 6 years ago.
OK , I will wait.