Charlie
Charlie, Technician
Experience:  24 years of experience, with the last 18 being exclusively with printers.
26590438

HP error 59.4 on HP 2840. I have turned off and on several

HP error 59.4 on HP 2840. I have turned off and on several times and re-installed Firmware. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Charlie replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I appreciate the question.

This is a fuser motor error. Turn off the printer, then reseat the fuser assembly. If the same problem is experienced the problem may be with these parts in this order.

1. Fuser.
  2. Fuser motor.
  3. DC controller.

If you need more detailed removal and replacement procedures, please let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already tried these things. (Sorry I forgot to mention that I had already reseated the assembly) Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Charlie replied 6 years ago.

Have you replaced the fuser motor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No. Is that part of the removable assembly?

Expert:  Charlie replied 6 years ago.

No It's not. The troubleshooting procedures call for the replacement of the fuser motor first, but if it were on My bench I would try a fuser first (RG5-7602). That's the removable part in the back. If you want to replace the fuser motor (RH7-1628-000CN) the replacement procedures can be found on page 110 of this PDF document http://www.partshere.com/Models/Q3948A/CLJ_2820_Removal_replacement.pdf

The DC controller (RG5-7609-030CN)is also a possibility ( but not probable). The procedures for replacement of this can also be found in the above document. Look over the replacement procedures and see if you feel comfortable. If you do great. If not a repair shop should charge about $60.00 per hour.

Please let me know if this helps.