Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

i have a Canon MP210 printer. the lights keep flashing between

i have a Canon MP210 printer. the lights keep flashing between the on off button and the "Alarm" light. for a wile i was geting a mesage that the "ink tank" was getting full. Is that the reasion? i folowed what the manual said to do and no good. can it be fixed by me and how? thnks charlie
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Yes that could very well be why the alarm light is blinking. It is referring to the waste ink tank which is inside the machine behind and below where the ink cartridge cradle sits all the way to the right inside the machine. To fix this that tank needs to be emptied or replaced. Unfortunately if you have never done this before I do not suggest doing it yourself. If done improperly you can damage the print head, guide bar, and encoder strip. If the print head gets damaged it can cost more to replace than the machine itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i only paid $49 for the thing 2 years ago, if i damage it no big deal i will have to get one anyway. is it just a case of takin out the tank and empting it? if i do that and do it right will the printer start back up again and see it is empty and let me go from there?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
If the part is not work simply emptying out and putting it back in should get it going again yes. After doing it however make sure to clean the cartridges and the cradle in case any excess ink got on them. If that ink dries up it can cause more problems. Unfortunately I can not tell you how to dismantle the machine as I do not have the service manual or a exploded image of the parts for this model.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience