Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

HP Officejet 5600 series, Printer will not print on command!

HP Officejet 5600 series, Printer will not print on command! Computer says printer is "ready" but it doesn't show that it is connected to the printer although it always reacts when given a print order. How do I reconnect them? I also have a print job stuck in my queue that says it is printing but nothing is happening there either.
When you have fixed this problem please contact me by E-Mail. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
what version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Visa Home Basic
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Click on start
Then type in services and press enter
Find print spooler in the list and click on it
In the new window click on stop
Wait 5 minutes then in the same windows click on start
Once all of that has been done restart the computer
You can bookmark or favorite this page and then use that to get back to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still have job stuck in queue. Do I have to turn off my computer to make the spooling work?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
If you did the steps I sent you the print que should have dissapeared as the spooler was stopped and not able to be used. Please follow these steps again but after stopping it restart.

Click on start
Then type in services and press enter
In the new window click on stop
Wait 5 minutes
Then restart the computer
Once done go back to the print spooler and click on start

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I DID FOLLOW YOUR FIRST INSTRUCTIONS, BUT YOU SAID TO RESTART MY COMPUTER NEVER TURN OFF. I WILL TRY IT ALL AGAIN BUT DOES THE PRINTER HAVE TO BE ON OR OFF TO MAKE IT WORK?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
It does not matter if the printer is on or off but to be on the sfe side turn it off. Please also make sure you bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me after restarting. You can bookmark the page by pressing ctrl+D on the keyboard.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, I will turn off printer and try it again. Okay, the queue now empty. Thanks for your help. However, I have approved two payments for $16. Is the first one still valid?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Right now you have a deposit of $16 and in order to pay me you would need to click on accept even though you have already paid the deposit. (you are not charged again unless you click on accept more than once) You should not have two charges or one will be refunded as your other $16 question was closed. I will send in a report to make sure that someone looks into that for you.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS AGAIN. i'M GLAD TO PAY FOR YOUR EXPERTISE. i ONLY HOPE MY PRINTER WORKS AGAIN WHEN i TURN IT BACK ON!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Believe or not. When I turned on my printer, the stuck job was still in the printer and nothing is printing although I could hear the printer reacting. What the heck is wrong with this system? I hope this goes back to the one I have already paid!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Yes I am still here. Did you stop the printer spooler like I mentioned on the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes! When I check the queue box after restarting the spooling it shown nothing there. When I restarted the printer it sounded like it was reacting properly but nothing happend. When I checked the queue again both jobs were still there. When I deleted the second job it left, But the old (stuck) job when I tried to delete it went to "deleting " and is still there. Can you make heads or tails out of this reaction? What else can we do?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Try doing this
Click on start
Then click on all programs
Click on accessories
Then right click on the command prompt and choose run as administrator
A new black window will open with a blinking white cursor
Type in this exactly as i have it including spaces

net stop spooler

After you have typed that in press enter on the keyboard
Then please disconnect the usb cable connecting the printer to the computer
In the same black window now type this exactly as I have it including spaces

net start spooler

Press enter on the keyboard again and then close the window
Check the print que and if anything is there try to delete it
Once the que is empty reconnect the usb cable

If it still wont empty it means your driver may have gotten corrupted
Click on start and then in te search boc type printers then press enter
Right click on your printer and any copys of it there and click on delete
Then restart your computer and reinstall the printer but do not test it yet
Connect the usb cable when the installation tells you to or once the install finishes
Instead restart the computer again and then test it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't see "administrator" on assessories list. Should I hit "run" and type in "admin'?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
No right click on the command prompt in the accessories menu and choose run as administrator

net stop spooler

net start spooler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry queue did not empty! what next?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay this, but I may need a new printer! It's about four years old, isn't it concidered an o0ld machine?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Actually yes that is a long time most machines only last about a year to 2 years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Queue still has old job in it I guess a new printer may be in the near future!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok unfortunately we have tried everything I can think of.
I will open this to all experts in case any one else has an idea.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks again. I guess once a driver is corruped its hard to fix on-line like we were trying to do. don't know if I'll get another HP or not. I've had a lot of problems with one. Specifical this same problem of sticking jobs in the queue. You might tell the manufactor this. I'll contact in the future if I have to. Do you try to service all printers or just HP?

P
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
We can troubleshoot any brand of printer here at just answer.