Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a Kodak ESP5250. I have a Printhead cartridge jam.

Customer Question

I have a Kodak ESP5250. I have a Printhead cartridge jam. How do I clear it. I have opened the machine for access to the printheads, but they do not move to the center for me to remove and reinstall.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hi

Turn off the printer and open the top cover. The try to move the carriage with your fingers towards the center

Let me know

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i HAVE TURNED OFF THE PRINTER. i HAVE DISCONNECTED IT FROM THE POWER SOURCE. PRINT HEADS WILL NOT MOVE.

BETWEEN THE PRINT HEAD JAMS AND THE CONTINUAL PAPER JAMS. THIS THE MOST INCONSISTENT AND WORTHLESS PRINTER I HAVE EVERY TRIED TO USE.

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hi

So do you mean that you cant even move the heads with your hand ? ... its jammed ?

Can you see something that is jammed there .. like a piece of paper , etc

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING THAT IS JAMMED. I HAVE HAD THE BACK OFF USED COMPRESSED AIR, USED A FLASHLIGHT AND DID EVERYTHING EXCEPT THROW IT AGAINST A WALL.
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hello

I am sorry but I did not intend to irritate you.

I will opt out and open this question to all experts. Someone should get back to you soon.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

YOU YOURSELF HAS NOT IRRITATED ME. IT IS THE PRINTER. I WENT WITH KODAK BECAUSE I LIKED THE TYPE OF PRINTING I WAS GETTING.

NOW WITH THE CONTINOUS PAPER JAMS AND THE PRINT HEAD JAM I AM FRUSTRATED. I PURCHASED THE MACHINE FROM WALMART IN SCHERTZ TX ON OR ABOUT THE 21ST OF DECEMBER. i REPLACE A HP PRINTER WITH THIS ONE. I HAVE MISPLACED THE RECEIPT OR I WOULD JUST GO TO WALMART AND EXCHANGE IT.

I AM A PROFESIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER AND RELY ON A PRINTER TO PRESENT MY PRODUCT.

I WILL BE OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR THE NEXT HOUR AND WILL CHECK BACK IN WITH YOU AT THAT TIME.

THANKS,

ALAN PERKINS

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hi

From the symptoms you are getting, its evident that there is a carriage failure.

Dont worry, your printer has a 1 year warranty. Dont try to repair it yourself as it will void the warranty. Just contact Kodak and they will repair your printer for free.

You need to call up at 1-800-421-6699.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.