Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

HP Officejet Pro 8000 How do I print envelopes

HP Officejet Pro 8000

How do I print envelopes???
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
are you using windows or a mac?
what program are you printing envelopes from?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
windows
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
what version of windows? what program are you printing envelopes from?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think it is windows 96, but am not sure - I could print them just fine on my old printer, but this one just makes a mess and I don't know why.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Please click on start
Then right click my computer and click properties
It will tell you which version of windows it is
I also need to know what program are you printing envelopes from (ex. word)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

windows xp 2002

trying to print from word

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Open the envelope tool, simply click Tools>>Letters and Mailings>>Envelopes and Labels.

n the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, you will note that there are fields where you can enter your return address and the recipient's address. You can enter these and click Print.

When you enter a return address, Word will ask if you want to save the address as the default. Every time you open the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, this return address will appear. If you want to omit the return address, simply select Omit before you click Print.

Click the Feed button. The Envelope Options dialog box opens to the Printing Options tab. Specify the way you will feed the envelope into your printer by clicking one of the buttons at the top. To change the direction of the envelope, click Clockwise rotation. If you have a separate tray in your printer for envelopes, you can specify that, too. Just click the drop-down box below Feed from. Once you’ve set your options, click OK.

To change the size of your envelope, click the Options button on the Envelopes and Labels dialog box. Then click on the Envelope Options tab. Use the drop-down box labeled Envelope size to select the size of your envelope. If the correct size isn’t listed, select Custom size. Word will prompt you to enter the dimensions of your envelope. You can also change how far from the edge of the envelope your return and delivery addresses appear. Just use the selection boxes in the appropriate section to change this. Once you’re done specifying your options, click OK.

Guide

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The printer would not accept the envelope and sent it out through the duplexer with nothing printed on it - the issue here appears to be with the printer - not the program. I tried it four times and the same thing happened each time. The printer took the envelope forward - then sent it backward through the duplexer - I think I hate this printer !!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Make sure you are loading them this way
  1. Remove any paper from the input and output trays.
  2. Extend the paper tray, and then slide the paper-width guides to their outermost positions.
  3. Place several envelopes in the tray, and then slide the paper-width guides toward the stack of envelopes. Make sure that the paper-width guides touch the edges of the stack of envelopes without bending them.
  4. Slide the paper tray into the product.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Paper guides was the answer - it worked just fine - thank you so much - I am very happy !!!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome and have a wonderful day.