Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a Brother 8480 DN printer that has paper jams constantly

I have a Brother 8480 DN printer that has paper jams constantly when I use it for duplex printing. As the page is being pulled back into the machine to print the reverse side, the paper skews crooked and jams. I also notice that the paper comes out with irregular creases.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

What is the exact error message that you get on the printer screen ?

When did you buy this printer

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The message I get is "Jam Duplex"

I bought the printer last November.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Are you very sure that there is no paper still jammed inside the printer after you remove the back tray ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm positive there is no paper still jammed inside the printer. After I've cleared it I might get several good pages and then it jams again. It seems as if the rollers feeding the paper are performing unevenly, causing the paper to come out crooked.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hi

From the symptoms you are getting there are two possibilities :
1. There is some paper or something jammed inside. Or the rollers have got misaligned due to previous jams. Or the paper jam sensor is malfunctioning.
2. The rollers have worned out with usage and need to be replaced. Its unlikely if its a new printer.

Try to do this too :
Open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.
Try to rub the paper feed rollers with some rough moist cloth to increase its traction (grip).

If all this doesnt work than you need to send printer to Brother as your printer is in warranty and they will replace the rollers and the sensors.

Dont try to repair it yourself as it will void its warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO