Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

BROTHER MFC-7340 PAPER JAM

Customer Question

BROTHER MFC-7340 PAPER JAM
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There was a paper jam. I did not replace the ink cartridge.

Purchased printer 12/29/009. This is the first time it jammed.

Use mostly to scan. Dont use to print very often.

Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.

If it doesnt work then you need to send your printer to Brother for free repair as its in warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a piece of paper stuck in it someplace. I cant find it.
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hi

In that case you will need to dismantle the printer but it will void its warranty.

You need to send your printer to Brother for free repair as its in warranty.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The missing paper was put in the automatic feeder. Do you have any idea where it is?

What is the first thing to take apart?

Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.

To clear paper jams, please follow the steps below.

Caution
    To prevent damage to the machine caused by static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
  1. Open the front cover.
  1. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.

Caution

We recommend that you place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a clean, flat surface with a sheet of disposable paper or cloth underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
  1. Push down the green lock lever and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.

Caution

• Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
    • To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.
  1. Clear the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.

2. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the green lock lever will lift automatically.
  1. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
  1. Close the front cover.

If you the problem persists than you have to send the printer to Brother for free repair

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
FIGURED OUT AND FIXED MYSELF
Expert:  Andy replied 7 years ago.
Hello

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Take care