Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My HP officejet 6500 wireless suddenly wont print but sends

My HP officejet 6500 wireless suddenly won't print but sends message that says,
"Paper Mismatch"... Press O.K. to cancel.
Help!
Hi

Please do this and let me know

1. Make sure that only plain, unused, white paper is loaded in the product. Faxes can be received only when plain, white, unused paper is loaded in the product.
  2. Follow these steps to make sure that the Fax Paper Size setting matches the size of paper loaded in the product.
    1. Press the Setup button repeatedly until Basic Fax Setup appears on the product control panel, and then press the OK button.
    2. Use the right arrow button ( ) to scroll through the fax options until Fax Paper Size appears on the product control panel, and then press the OK button.
    3. If the setting does not match the size of paper loaded in the product, use the arrow buttons to select the appropriate paper size, and then press the OK button.
    4. Press the Setup button repeatedly until the Print Reports option appears on the product control panel, and then press the OK button.
    5. Use the right arrow button ( ) to scroll through the fax options until Self-Test Report appears on the control panel display, and then press the OK button.
    6. When the self-test page begins to print, watch the printing process through the output tray. When the paper is first pulled into the product, a red light on the right side of the print cartridges illuminates and sweeps from right to left, and then sweeps from left to right.

Let me know

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Andy,

I can get to Print Reports...but can't get one that's called Self-Test Report. When it does print it kicks out a white page and goes back to mismatch.

Hi

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.
- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Happens off and on. My Secretary likes the printer on this better than the Deskjet 6540.No paper jam. Changed ink cartrages lately. It claims it doesn't like the paper or the type set....Even if I change paper type, nothing. It's about a year old. Oh, brother, it's now grabbing my whole stack of paper and telling me it's out of paper.

Andy, thank you for your input and I accept your answer...but I think I may send this piece of junk to fax heaven.

Bye, Sandy

Hello Sandy,

The problem is the paper sensor in your printer which has failed. If in warranty send it to HP for free repair. Else you may take quote from local repair shops