Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

how do i scan a document into my computer using brother wireless

how do i scan a document into my computer using brother wireless multifunction printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your query.

Let me know the operating system please?

I will provide you the steps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
windows vista
The Scan to File feature allows you to scan a document and automatically save it into a specified location on your computer in PDF format.

Follow the instructions below to configure and use the Scan to File feature.

Step 1: Configure the Scan to File feature
1. Open the ControlCenter by clicking Windows/start-> (All) Programs ->Brother-> XXX-XXXX (Where XXX-XXXX is the model number of the machine)-> ControlCenterx.
The ControlCenter application will be loaded in the Task Tray near the system clock. (It appears as a blue square.)

2. Double-click on the ControlCenter icon located in the Task Tray to launch the program window.

3. Click on Configuration -> SCAN -> File.

4. The Scan to File configuration window will appear.

5. The Software Button tab configures the Scan to File button within the ControlCenter software interface. The Device Button tab configures the Scan key on the Brother machine. Choose the tab you want to configure.

You can configure the following properties. Once you have configured each setting click OK. All subsequent scans will use these settings.

Step 2-1: Use the Scan to File feature from the ControlCenter

1. Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) depending on the model of your Brother machine.

2. Launch the ControlCenter following the instructions in Step 1.

3. Double-click on the ControlCenter icon located in the Task Tray to launch the program windows.

4. On the SCAN menu, click the File button.

5. The document will now scan and be saved into the specified location in PDF format, according to the setting you made in the Software Button tab of the Scan to File configuration window of the ControlCenter.

Step 2-2: Use the Scan to File feature using the Scan key on the Brother machine

1. Make sure that the ControlCenter has been launched and loaded in the Task Tray near the system clock.

2. Place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass (Flatbed) or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), depending on the model of your Brother machine.

3. Press the Scan key on the Brother machine and select Scan to PC -> File, or Scan to File.

4. Press OK.

5. Press Start , Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start to begin the scanning. The document will now scan and be saved into the specified location in PDF format, according to the settings you made in Device Button tab of the Scan to File configuration window of the ControlCenter.

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have questions. I will get back to you tomorrow morning.
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems