Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Ive got a Brother HL-5370DW laser printer that keeps failing

I've got a Brother HL-5370DW laser printer that keeps failing to print, giving the fault indication "paper" LED and "status" (red) LED. I've cleaned the pickup rollers, but this doesn't help. The Status Monitor says that there is no paper in the manual feed tray (it's closed). When I open the manual feed tray and put a sheet into it, the job prints. Any ideas?

Gomersky
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Which one of these two are you seeing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The first, with steady LEDs.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you
Please try this
Remove the drum and toner from the machine
Then blow out all the paper rollers with compressed air
Do this 3 or 4 times and then resinert the toner and drum
Turn the machine off and unplug it for at least 10 minutes
Then plug it back in and test the machine

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did as you suggested--no change. This printer is only 6 weeks out of the box.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok unfortunately if the message is still there and you have cleaned the pick up roller it can indicate a bad paper sensor or pick up roller. You should not haver this problem so soon, I would return the machine and exchange it for another. If you call brother after having you do the cleaning again they will normaly replace the machine with a refurbished one for you but it is better to exchange it at the store as you will get a new one.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. This is what I thought might be the problem, because it did this once a few weeks ago, and now it has become a permanent problem.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Your welcome and yes it is actually a common problem with these machines.

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience