John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon IP2600 says when I want to print The Ink absorber

My Canon IP2600 says when I want to print "The Ink absorber is full - conact the service centre"
What do I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am Jhon Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

That's a "normal" issue on Canon printers. Canon will change the absorber for free if your printer is still on Warranty. If it isn't they usually charge $10.

See the information below from Canon:

"
Solution: Ink Absorber Replacement Options

This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible by pressing the button on the printer. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.

If you feel your product might require service, a Technical Support Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have and explain the service options available to you. You can contact us through the email link or phone numbers listed below.

• For toll-free technical support, please call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).?
• Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752?
• Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON

If your printer is no longer under warranty :
• For toll-free technical support, please call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNduring regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. The charge will be $9.99.

Thank you

John Cappuccio

*** 3 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.