Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

Canon iP100 Both green & orange lights are flashing. Turn on

Canon iP100 Both green & orange lights are flashing. Turn on turn off. Won't print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
how many times do the lights flash?
4 example is it something like 4 flashes orange and then 1 green?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
back and forth back and forth. And the ink tanks will not come across to let them change nor do the lights on them light up
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok it sounds like you have a carriage jam. Open the carriage access door and look inside with a flashlight. Make sure nothing is stuck up on top of the cartridges preventting them from moving over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing is stuck up ?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
Ok unfortunately then you have a hardware error. Please try this. Turn the machine off and discconnect the power cable and usb cable from the back of the printer. Then open the cartridge access door and manually but gently pull the ink cartridge cradle towards you. Remove the ink cartridges and check if they are leaking or bulging. Clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Then move the ink cradle back to where it was manually. Move it back and forth 3 or four time. Then reconnect the power cable and turn the machine on. If the problem is still there it means either the encoder strip or the print head needs to be replaced. The encoder strip is the small plastic strip attached to the back of the ink cartridge cradle and pulls and pushes the cradle left and right. The print head is the part of the machine the ink cartridges sit inside of or the cradle. Unfortunately if this is caused by the print head it can sometimes cost more to replace the part then the machine itself. If the machine is less then a year old and the print head is the problem canon will normally replace it for you.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience