Namzyanzy
Namzyanzy, Engineer
Experience:  Part of a technical support team with an experience of more than 8 years in printer troubleshootin
11982704

My Epson Stylus Color 800 will not print Black text. It prints

My Epson Stylus Color 800 will not print Black text. It prints color and color text OK.
I have replaced to Black cartridege with a new one and run all the printer tests in the Epson User's Guide. Is this problem repairable?

Bobby
Category: Printers
Expert:  Namzyanzy replied 4 years ago.

Please clearing the clogged ink jets to resolve the issue:

Hold the cleaning button on the printer for 3 seconds to start the cleaning cycle. Try running 2 cleaning cycles using the cleaning button. The cleaning cycle takes about 2 minutes, during which the printer makes some noises and the power light flashes.

CAUTION: Never turn the printer off when the power light is flashing.
If the print quality does not improve, the cleaning cycle and nozzle check should be run from the Utility menu of the Epson printer driver settings. This runs a more intense cleaning cycle.

Here is how:

1. Access the Main printer settings dialog box.
2. Click on the Utility tab/button and you will see the Utility menu.
3. Run the Nozzle Check (Windows), Confirmation (Macintosh) and it will print out a nozzle check pattern/confirmation as shown below.

Nozzle Check

4. After reviewing the nozzle check, if necessary, select the Head Cleaning icon and run a cleaning cycle on black, color or both print heads depending on which color is missing.

IMPORTANT! A head cleaning and nozzle check page must be performed as a cycle so subsequent cleanings will advance to a higher intensity cleaning cycle. This process ought to be repeated until the nozzle check prints correctly. When the nozzle check prints correctly the printer is ready to go. If you run more than 6 cleaning cycles and no improvement is seen in the nozzle check, the ink cartridge may need replacement or the printer may require service.

WARNING! Improper ink cartridge installation will cause clogged print heads. When preparing an ink cartridge for installation, only the yellow or blue tape seal from the top of the black or color ink cartridges should be removed. If the white label from the top or the clear film on the bottom of either ink cartridge is removed, the ink will be exposed to air and will thicken such that print head clogging and possible print head failure can occur. The cartridge should immediately be replaced to avoid potential damage to the printer. CAUTION! Do not remove the ink cartridge to check this and then reinstall the same cartridge.
Namzyanzy, Engineer
Experience: Part of a technical support team with an experience of more than 8 years in printer troubleshootin