Sjena1982
Sjena1982, Engineer
Experience:  B.Tech
18133961

Problems with my HP 7280 All-In-One Printer. Error message

Customer Question

Problems with my HP 7280 All-In-One Printer. Error message reads Ink System Failure, refer to manual Error Code Oxc05d1281....Well manual states to turn printer off, remove print cartridges, wait a few and then turn power back on and replace cartridges. If that doesn't work then clean print head, which is easier said than done, because there is no easy way to access the printhead. So is there something I am missing or is the printer fried and I should just go buy another one?

Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
Hi,,

press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both. Then enter '123' to enter maintenance mode. press the right arrow (beside the OK button) until System Config. menu appeared on panel. Then press OK two times to clear the error condition, then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu. Then powered off and back on,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Followed your instructions and now it is stating Improper Shutdown.......
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
okay

remove the power cable and connect again
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Original Error Message again, can't receive faxes or print. Same error code and is making a strange dragging noise as it tries to reboot?
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
Ok

try this

Hold down the (OK & HELP) buttons & keep them held while plugging in the power cord & if it doesn't automatically power on then also hit the power button. Keep the OK & Help buttons held down till the printer turns itself off all by itself or goes right into the priming session. If it turns off then let go of the 2 buttons & just hit the power button once & it will go right into the priming session for about 4 minutes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Same error message!
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
pls try thsi again

Press and hold the “*” key.
Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.

Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
CustomerName: done

Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”.

Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.
Sjena1982, Engineer
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed your directions and still have the same error code: Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes or print. Refer to printer documentation. Error 0xc05d1381. Turn power off then on again.
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
Okay

I am out of ideas now ...

I will optout so that other experts will help you ...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your assistance
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
Pls be online till other experts will help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The printer is fried. Had to call someone that could come out and service it. Not repairable. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 4 years ago.
Ok...

Have A nice Day