Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My Canon Pixma MP150 wont feed paper any more, printer or

My Canon Pixma MP150 won't feed paper any more, printer or copier mode. It's been working for a couple years problem free before this. The paper goes down from the infeed about 2 in. and then stops, giving the E3 message. I've tried Off, Reset, the paper thickness adjustment lever. What now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

Please do this and let me know :

Cleaning the Paper Feed Rollers
  1. Ensure that the printer is powered on and remove any paper from the Auto Sheet Feeder (ASF).

2. Confirm that a number is XXXXX in the LED

3. Perform the paper feed roller cleaning three times.
    1. Press the <Maintenance> button seven times to display in the LED.

2. Press the <Black> or <Color> button. The paper feed roller cleaning starts.

4. Confirm that the paper feed roller cleaning is done properly.
    1. Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the ASF and open the paper output tray.
    2. Perform the paper feed roller cleaning (see step 3) one time. Paper will be fed.

5. If paper is not fed properly, repeat step 4 up to three times.

Let me know result

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT".

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did run a page thru 3 times using a similar procedure. I couldn't duplicate it exactly, since this Pixma 150 does not have a maintenance button, only a Stop/Reset, on/off, black & white, copy number. I progressed the number of copies to 6, to get the LED to the right number. Then using on/off a few times, I fed a sheet though 4 times. Then I tried to make a copy, and the paper stuck again as described in my question.
Any other ideas?
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

From the symptoms you are gettings there are two possibilities :
1. There is some paper or something jammed inside. Or the rollers have got misaligned due to previous jams.

2. The rollers have worned out with usage and need to be replaced.

Try to do this too :
Remove all ink cartridges. Turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times.
Then put it in right position, turn it on and see if you find some change

Open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust.
Try to rub the paper feed rollers with some rough moist cloth to increase its traction (grip).

If all this doesnt work than you can either send printer to manufacturer (which will be too expensive if its not in warranty) or to a local repair shop to get the rollers replaced.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well, it was a good try. At least I enjoyed shaking the printer upside down. But no progress, so as you said the rollers are either misaligned or worn out. It's out of warranty, so it's time to replace it. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry as it didnt work out. Repairing this printer will certainly cost you more than buying a new one.

I would recommend a HP printer.

Take care