Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

hi! Im having a problem with my Brother MFC 620cn printer

hi! I'm having a problem with my Brother MFC 620cn printer head.It seems to be stuck to the far right side of the printer. I've already been to the Troubleshooting website & followed the instructions, but the site said that if the printer head was on the right, I cannot move it. can you help me?

Turn off the printer and try to move the cartriges to the center using your fingers. Do it gently and dont break the carriage.

Let me know if this loosens up the carriage.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Andy. I've tried to move the printer head to the middle of the printer carriage, but it won't budge past 1/2 inch from the right side. What should I do next?

This mostly happens if something is jammed next to carriage or if the carriage sensor is failed or there is mechanical failure in carriage assembly.

If carriage doesnt get released even by hand, this than there is a mechanical failure and your printer needs repair. If in warranty, Brother will repair it free. Else it would be cheaper to buy a new printer but you can still take quote from Brother and local shops.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.