Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems

I have a Canon MP190 printer. I changed both the black and

I have a Canon MP190 printer. I changed both the black and color cartridges with Canon 30 and 31 ink. THe buttons for black ink and color ink were not flashing but the Alarm button was. Led Screen had E5 error.

I took the cartridges out and redid it. I made sure they "clicked" into place. Same error message. I tverified the protective tape was off. I put the old cartridges back in and got same error message E5. The new ink cartridges are back in. How do I fix this so I can print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sandeep Pamarati replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Anwer and thanks for your query.

You have tried what are the possibilities.
We have one more option willbe there....

I am providing the instructions for windows xp and vista. if not let me know...

1. Open the Printers Folder:

For Windows Vista
* Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel', 'Hardware and Sound', and then click on 'Printers'. Note: If you are in 'Classic' view, Click 'Printers' directly from the 'Control Panel'.

For Windows XP Home Edition
* Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'

2. If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on 'Copy 2' (or higher) of your model?s icon.

3. Left-click on 'Set as Default Printer' to specify the printer as the default.
4. When the printer has been set as the default printer, a checkmark is displayed beside the printer icon.

Note: If any duplicate copies of the printer exist in the Printers window, you may delete them. To delete the previous copies, right-click on the printer icon and select 'Delete'.

Still problem is there your printer needs to be serviced.
Let me know if you have any further questions...
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems