Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Canon PIXMA MP530 printer service error 5C10

Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Problem began about 4 weeks ago. I had a few paper jams before. And I'm using 3rd party cartridges for more than a year without a problem.

Printer was bought in July 2007.
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

This problem mainly happens because of failure or print heads or the ink system.

Its a hardware failure and not a software issue. It might hav happened due to gradual wearing out of the print head because of 3rd party ink.

So, first you need to replace the print heads and that might solve your problem. If not, it will not be worth repairing the printer if not in warranty.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. I already took the printer to Canon service and they said it's a logic board fault and replacing it is not worth it. Newer machines are cheaper. But they don't make this kind of multifunctional machine anymore, which combines print, fax, copy, scan and print to CD/DVD. That's why I try every avenue to fix it.
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.

You can send the printer to Canon to get the bad hardware replaced, if you dont want to buy a new printer.

But I would suggest to go for a new one.