Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have an error message on my HP PSC 2355xi all-in-one printer.

I have an error message on my HP PSC 2355xi all-in-one printer. It is: Error:0x880001d0 and below it: 1:?????
Please help. Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
  1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
    NOTE: The USB cable connects to the port on the back of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ).
    Figure 1: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
    Description of disconnecting the USB cable.
  2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
  3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
  4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  5. Wait 60 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
  7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

after removing cartridges I got another error message instead of install cartridges.

Error:0xb9eff01d

and below: 165:hw_interrupt_hwv2.c

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
is this on the printer or computer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
on the printer display
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok please reinsert the cartridges and let me know what happens

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I reinstalled the cartridges. display id HP logo(frozen) and the power light blinking. The cartridge carrier did not move.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok turn off the machine and disconnect the power cable from both the printer and the wall
Then wait at least 30 minutes
Plug the power cable back into the wall
Then as you are plugging it back into the printer hold down the stop/cancel button on the printer

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok. i'll get back to you at 11 am eastern
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
No problem take all the time you need

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, i'm back. should I reconnect the usb cable before plugging in the power?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
You can but it is not necessary. if you don't want to.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
plugged it in and the hp logo display comes on the display and freezes. I can't even shut it down.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
Ok unfortunately that means the firmware chip on the motherboard has failed. In order to fix this the main board inside the printer itself needs to be replaced. Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more then replacing the machine itself.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was afraid of that. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 years ago.
your welcome