Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Experience:  5+ Years of Hardware Printer repair including installation and repair of Xerox MFP devices

How do I get my Brother printer back online

Customer Question

How do I get my Brother printer back online?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert Preston replied 6 years ago.

Turn the printer off

Uninstall the printer & all related software

Restart your computer

Reinstall the printer

Then you should be able to print fine

Robert Preston
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
  • 1st, I would not have the slightest idea how to uninstall and reinstall anything... Not too computer-savvy... I have a guy come over to do all my computer stuff, but he is out-of-town and I need my printer now...
  • 2nd, do you think this has something to do w/ the router? I forgot to say that I work from a laptop...

Most likely not anything to do with the router. Shouldn't be the problem.

You definitely need to reinstall it but it might be difficult to explain how to reinstall a network printer if you haven't done it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't feel I should have to pay a $16 fee for an answer that did not help me at all. I don't know how to reinstall my printer, so this answer cannot solve my problem. I still will have to pay for a tech to come to my house and right the situation. I would be willing to pay an $8 service fee for your efforts. Plus, the turn-over time of 20+ hours is way too long...