Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My sister has a Canon MP250 printer. It came with cartridges,

My sister has a Canon MP250 printer. It came with cartridges, but they are dry now. She bought new cartridges but she cannot get the old ones out. She cannot find any manual or CD that came with the printer. Can you help me tell her how to remove those cartridges? Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

Here are the instructions on how to replace ink cartridge on your printer model.

Follow the procedure below to replace them.

Do not touch the electrical contacts (A) or print head nozzles (B) on the FINE Cartridge. The machine may not print properly if you touch it.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray.

2. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover), then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support (C).

The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the replacement position.

CAUTION
Do not hold the FINE Cartridge Holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the FINE Cartridge Holder until it stops completely.
IMPORTANT
  • The inside of the machine may be stained with ink. Be careful not to stain your hands or clothing when replacing FINE Cartridges. You can easily wipe off the ink from the inside of the machine with tissue paper or the like.For details on the cleaning, refer to the printed manual: Getting Started.

• Do not place any object on the Document Cover. It will fall into the Rear Tray when the Document Cover is opened and cause the machine to malfunction.

• When opening the Scanning Unit (Cover), lift it with the Document Cover closed.

• Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.

• If the Scanning Unit (Cover) is left open, the FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the right. In this case, close and reopen the Scanning Unit (Cover).

3. Remove the empty FINE Cartridge.

(1) Pinch the tabs and open the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover.

(2) Remove the FINE Cartridge.

IMPORTANT
  • Handle FINE Cartridges carefully to avoid staining of clothing or the surrounding area.

• Discard empty FINE Cartridges according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.

4.Prepare the new FINE Cartridge.

(1) Take a new FINE Cartridge out of its package and remove the orange protective tape (D) gently.

IMPORTANT
  • If you shake a FINE Cartridge, ink may spill out and stain your hands and the surrounding area. Handle a FINE Cartridge carefully.

• Be careful not to stain your hands and the surrounding area with ink on the removed protective tape.

• Do not reattach the protective tape once you have removed it. Discard it according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.

• Do not touch the electrical contacts or print head nozzles on a FINE Cartridge. The machine may not print properly if you touch it.

5. Install the FINE Cartridge.

(1) Put a new FINE Cartridge in the FINE Cartridge Holder.

The Color FINE Cartridge should be installed into the left slot and the Black FINE Cartridge should be installed into the right slot.

Otherwise, those cartridges may damage the printer: Make sure to install them in the correct slots.

(2) Close the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover to lock the FINE Cartridge into place.

Push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks.

(3) Confirm that the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover is closed correctly.
NOTE
If the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover is not closed correctly, push down the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks.

(E) Closed correctly

(F) Not closed correctly (the cover is tilted)
IMPORTANT
The machine cannot print unless both the Color and Black FINE Cartridges are installed. Be sure to install both the FINE Cartridges.

6. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly to set the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, and gently close the Scanning Unit (Cover).
CAUTION
When setting the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, be sure to hold the Scanning Unit (Cover) firmly, and be careful not to get your fingers caught.
NOTE

• When you start printing after replacing the FINE Cartridge, the machine starts cleaning the Print Head automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the Print Head. While cleaning is in progress, the Power lamp is flashing green.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" to pay me for my work.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. It seems to me that this will solve the problem, but I will have to hear back from my sister. I do not live near her or have access to her printer. These instructions seem right on the mark, and I thank you. I will contact you as soon as I hear from her. I hope this is O.K.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.

You can ACCEPT the answer now and this question will not close. You can reply to me anytime you want.

Press Ctrl+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can click on it to reach me after you restart computer.

Alternately you can login to Justanswer.com again and then goto My Questions and reply to this question.

And you will connect to me in both ways. And yes, I will continue assisting you even after you accept my answer.

Thanks!!