Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

I have an EPSON Artisan 800. When I turn on the printer or

I have an EPSON Artisan 800. When I turn on the printer or when it is in standby mode, it has been constantly showing:

"A scanner error has occurred. Turn off the power, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again."

I have tried that numerous times. Nothing changes and the error message continues.

The operations buttons all continiously flash yellow. I have scrolled to the scanner button and pushed that, believing I would get more detail on the error, but nothing happens. I have disconnected the printer from the computer and get the same message. The computer tells me that the printer is set up.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately if turning the machine off and on did not help it means that there is a problem with the scanner mechanism or the lamp. Either lamp or that mechanism which is the bar that moves across is going to need to be replaced to get rid of the error.

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated