Nick
Nick, Technician
Experience:  4 years sales and technical service experience for a major retailer
26703352

I get a service error B200, and cant find how to fix the printer

Customer Question

I get a service error B200, and can't find how to fix the printer. I have tried to reinstall the software, turning the printer off and on again, at my wits end.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nick replied 4 years ago.
In order to solve this problem, you need to perform a printer reset. Click Here to view the Canon reset guide.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. I just tried to download the site you sent, but I got a message--"This file is damaged and cannot be repaired. Acrobat Reader sent it I think. Could it be that I need a later version? Jack

Expert:  Nick replied 4 years ago.
No worries, here's how to reset the machine:
1) Hold the On/Off button for 1 sec. until the printer shuts off.
2) Unplug the USB cable and then the power cord.
3) Press the power button for 1 sec.
4) Wait 10 minutes, then plug the power cord back in and then the USB cable.
5) Press the power button to turn it on again.
Nick, Technician
Experience: 4 years sales and technical service experience for a major retailer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried what you suggested and to no avail. What next?
Expert:  Nick replied 4 years ago.
I have opened the case for other experts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK I appreciate your efforts. Thank you. Jack
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Case to other experts --------------haven't heard anything. Does this mean no one knows how to fix the problem and that I am going to have to buy another printer?

Doesn't anyone know what a B200 error means? I can't find it in the literature that came with the printer or on line.......... Customer (Jack)

Expert:  Mike D. replied 4 years ago.
If the reset does not correct the issue, the printer requirs repair.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I guess this brief statement means that I have to buy a new printer, because I'm almost sure it would cost too much to repair. It is amazing to me that you technicians nor I cannot find what the error message means or how it can be corrected.

I guess that is Canon's fault for not furnishing us more information. I have researched and will be buying a better Canon printer. Thank you all for trying to hellp me. Have a Merry Christmas. Customer (Jack)

Expert:  Mike D. replied 4 years ago.
Jack,

I am not a Canon certified tech so I cannot comment on repair costs. I would suggest contacting one. For the price of a phone call, you may find that the printer requires a minor fix at a modest cost.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Customer